8.17.2009

Monday's Playlist: Black

So, last week I dug into my depresso music and pulled out one of my mix-CD's that really made me feel like shite. Things continue to look bleak on my horizon, so I've gone even further back, digging into my old cassettes to find this miserable masterpiece from 1999. It's another tour de force of sadness, this time clinging to some grunge stalwarts and other alt-rockers. I literally listened to this tape until it snapped. And when that happened, I remade it and nearly wore it out again. Enjoy!

1. Mess - Ben Folds Five (from "The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner")
2. Still Remains - Stone Temple Pilots (from "Purple")
3. Head - Meat Puppets (from "No Joke")
4. Sober - Tool (from "Undertow")
5. Ugly - The Smashing Pumpkins (from "1979")
6. Three Speed - Eels (from "Electro-Shock Blues")
7. Doughnut Song - Tori Amos (from "Boys For Pele")
8. Softer, Softest - Hole (from "Live Through This")
9. Medication - Garbage (from "Version 2.0")
10. Pillar of Davidson - Live (from "Throwing Copper")
11. Something In The Way - Nirvana (from "Nevermind")
12. Immortality - Pearl Jam (from "Vitalogy")
13. Zero Chance - Soundgarden (from "Down On The Upside")
14. Nutshell - Alice In Chains (from "Jar of Flies")
15. Miller's Angels - Counting Crows (from "Recovering The Satellites")
16. Breaking The Girl - Red Hot Chili Peppers (from "Bloodsugarsexmagik")
17. Roseblood - Mazzy Star (from "Among My Swan")
18. Falls To Climb - R.E.M. (from "Up")
19. Bullet Proof.. I Wish I Was - Radiohead (from "The Bends")
20. Bizarre Love Triangle - Frente (from "Marvin The Album")

No comments:

Post a Comment