7.15.2009

Silver

Remember:
This silence is just a bit of the
Mourning,
Coming down in waves of amber on the hilt of her dark eyes.
These days, I forget so easily the cowering nights spent
Waiting to die on elixir,
She was there, like an angel, wings unfurled and her
DARK eyes fogged with some weird drug. I scanned the breadth of her for cunning, and she sought out chalk and dust and put me down onto paper. I couldn't even breathe.
Still, there were words and a song between us,
And she was gorgeously lit by the silvery moon.
It's just so easy to forget these days, now hushed and normal in my calm life...
There was a CAGE
Screaming and it was spent like dust. I fell off
because of it, bruised knees, bruised egos, bruised EVERYTHING.
But I find these hours just pass by without much
Crushing anymore.
I try to thank her in
these poems.

No comments:

Post a Comment